Date Sent: April 26, 2007
Subject: Moraga Road to Lafayette Reservoir RESCHEDULED
From: John Bondon
For those of you subscribed to the Announce email list, you received an email from me Saturday afternoon that last Sunday's hike to the Lafayette Reservoir was cancelled due to the wet conditions. Even though the heavy rain didn't arrive during the timeframe of the hike itself, it was feared that it might be too slippery in spots to proceed. That hike has instead been rescheduled for THIS SUNDAY, which is looking to be a beautiful day for a hike! Forecast calls for partly cloudy skies on Sunday with temperatures in the mid to high 70s. My advice, however, is to bring a jacket or dress in layers, as the Lafayette / Moraga area is often overcast and chilly in the morning, but warms up nicely by the afternoon.
Andrew says of the upcoming Moraga Road to Reservoir Rim Trail hike: "This is my annual get back into hiking hike, RESCHEDULED from 4/22. We will work hard, but you will be very satisfied at the end.".
I want to clarify one point about this Sunday's hike. No hiking permit is required for this hike. The office at the Lafayette Reservoir is one location where you can purchase or renew your permit, but you are not required to get one in order to participate in this particular hike.
Special thanks to Sharon for leading her hike up Mount Diablo last Saturday. Sharon reports it turned out to be a perfect day for hiking. " I had 11 people join me and it was just a beautiful day with lots of wildflowers to enjoy. We got back just as a few sprinkles started to fall. "
You'll find more details about this upcoming hike posted on the East Bay Casual Hiking website. If you wish to be added to the "Announce" mailing list to be notified of future hike cancellations and changes, click on the modify your subscription or personal information link at the bottom of this email (below).
Hope to see you out on the trails Sunday! :)
Copyright © 2004-2020 John Bondon all rights reserved